Friday, January 14, 2011

Heidi the Cross Eyed Possum

I don't like possums as a rule. They look like large rats--I am aware that they are marsupials and are technically opossums. More importantly, they skulk about in our backyard at night terrorizing our dog who hurls herself against the patio door windows barking furiously. I can only imagine that they have little possumy smirks on their faces as they do the equivalent of "na na na NA na" to the impotent canine. It works best at 2am when everyone is asleep. So you can see that I have little love for those that break my rest.

However, I have to admit that Heidi is actually in the cute category. You can befriend Heidi on Facebook here.

Cross-eyed opossum Heidi sits in her enclosure at Leipzig zoo in eastern Germany. Heidi, who is not yet even on public display, has become an Internet hit, winning more than 65,000 150,000 "friends" on the social networking website Facebook.

Link

No comments: